Security & Privacy
SECURITY & PRIVACY
At David Gilbert Jewellery, we use industry-standard encryption technologies to ensure the security of customer data when transferring and receiving customer data exchanged with our site server. Every month, hundreds of online shoppers enjoy our services and entrust David Gilbert Jewellery with their shopping information and we remain committed to protecting customer privacy and security.
We retain information provided by visitors to David Gilbert Jewellery website and transaction information such as customers’ purchases, amounts and types of products purchased and other information relevant to such purchases. Visitors to the site who give us their telephone numbers online will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed online if necessary.
Email addresses sent to David Gilbert Jewellery or provided by our customers at the time of placing an order are retained by David Gilbert Jewellery. Primarily, these email addresses are for the purposes of confirming a customer’s order or status of such orders or in response to any enquiries received from the sender. We do not share or sell on this information.
Purchase information will not be transmitted, sold or made available to third parties not directly related to the ordering process. We do not provide your email address or any other kind of data to mailing lists or internet marketing firms.
David Gilbert Jewellery would only disclose your information if required by law, court order or in circumstances where it is judged to be in good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise advisable.
By using David Gilbert Jewellery website, you consent to allow all the above uses of your data.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken to ensure accuracy of the contents and information on this site, David Gilbert Jewellery or anyone associated with David Gilbert Jewellery cannot accept any liability for any loss arising out of direct or indirect use of this information. David Gilbert Jewellery reserves the right to change the data, references, product specifications, pricing or otherwise amend the contents in full or part at any time without notice.
This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this website. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact customer support department at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01970 627754 before using this website.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2016.
What information do we collect?
We retain information provided by visitors to our website and transaction information on customers that purchase items from us.
We collect information such as customer’s purchase information, amounts and types of products purchases and other information relevant to such purchases
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- if necessary, to contact you by email of phone to confirm an order, or the status of an order that you have placed online;
- to contact you regarding any enquiries that you have made;
- as follow up if you have purchased goods from our website as part of our customer care procedures
Whom do we share this information with?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at email@example.com or on 01970 627754
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. When collecting and transferring customer data exchanged with our site server, we use industry standard encryption technologies powered by Sage Pay and certified by Verisign.
Every month, hundreds of online shoppers enjoy our services and entrust us with their shopping information and we remain committed to protecting customer privacy and security.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Other information of which you need to be aware
We have made this website available to you for your own personal non-commercial use. We may modify, withdraw or deny access to this website at any time.
This website and all the materials contained in it are protected by copyright and are the sole property of David Gilbert Jewellery. Materials include, but are not limited to, imagery, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as product descriptions and other text.
You may not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make the materials on this website available to anyone else without our consent in writing.
The imagery from this website is digitally watermarked and is routinely tracked online.
If you wish to use an image from our website you must contact our customer support department at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain permission. Anybody found using our imagery without permission will be prosecuted.
We may not necessarily keep a copy of these terms and conditions and your order. We advise you to print a copy of them for your information in the future.
The contract and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language.
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any term of these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The English and Welsh courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or use of the website.
This website has been designed to be accessible to as many people as possible. If you have difficulty using our site please let us know and we will do our best to rectify this in future maintenance and development.
1. All pages on this site comply with all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
2. All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
3. This site is built using structured semantic markup. H2 tags are used for main titles to aid users of screen reading software such as JAWS. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+2.
1. All pages have been authored to include Link Relationships to aid navigation in text-only browsers such asLynx and graphical browsers that support this feature.
2. This site has been coded to ensure a logical tab order through links and form elements. Keyboard navigation is possible via the TAB KEY on your keyboard. Alternatively Opera users can use the A KEY to navigate links and the TAB KEY to navigate form elements.
3. A Skip Navigation link has been provided to allow users of text-only browsers and screen readers to bypass the site navigation to quickly access its content.
1. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used to control visual layout throughout this site.
2. This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified 'text size' option in visual browsers.To display web page ext larger or smaller go to the 'View' menu in your browser, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want (this may differ depending on browser vendor).
3. If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets, the content of this site will still be readable and usable.