SECURITY & PRIVACY and the New Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) effective 25 May 2018
Further information can be found HERE this will move you to another page for which we are not responsible.
At David Gilbert Jewellery, we use industry-standard encryption technologies to ensure the security of customer data when transferring and receiving customer data exchanged with our site server. Every month, hundreds of online shoppers enjoy our services and entrust David Gilbert Jewellery with their shopping information and we remain committed to protecting customer privacy and security.
David Gilbert Jewellery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
David Gilbert Jewellery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24TH May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email David Gilbert Jewellery at firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken to ensure accuracy of the contents and information on this site, David Gilbert Jewellery or anyone associated with David Gilbert Jewellery cannot accept any liability for any loss arising out of direct or indirect use of this information. David Gilbert Jewellery reserves the right to change the data, references, product specifications, pricing or otherwise amend the contents in full or part at any time without notice.
This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this website. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact customer support department at email@example.com or on 01970 627754 before using this website.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2016.
What information do we collect?
We retain information provided by visitors to our website and transaction information on customers that purchase items from us.
We collect information such as customer’s purchase information, amounts and types of products purchases and other information relevant to such purchases
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- if necessary, to contact you by email of phone to confirm an order, or the status of an order that you have placed online;
- to contact you regarding any enquiries that you have made;
- as follow up if you have purchased goods from our website as part of our customer care procedures
Whom do we share this information with?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01970 627754
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. When collecting and transferring customer data exchanged with our site server, we use industry standard encryption technologies powered by Sage Pay and certified by Verisign.
Every month, hundreds of online shoppers enjoy our services and entrust us with their shopping information and we remain committed to protecting customer privacy and security.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Other information of which you need to be aware
We have made this website available to you for your own personal non-commercial use. We may modify, withdraw or deny access to this website at any time.
This website and all the materials contained in it are protected by copyright and are the sole property of David Gilbert Jewellery. Materials include, but are not limited to, imagery, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as product descriptions and other text.
You may not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make the materials on this website available to anyone else without our consent in writing.
The imagery from this website is digitally watermarked and is routinely tracked online.
If you wish to use an image from our website you must contact our customer support department at email@example.com in order to obtain permission. Anybody found using our imagery without permission will be prosecuted.
We may not necessarily keep a copy of these terms and conditions and your order. We advise you to print a copy of them for your information in the future.
The contract and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language.
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any term of these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The English and Welsh courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or use of the website.
This website has been designed to be accessible to as many people as possible. If you have difficulty using our site please let us know and we will do our best to rectify this in future maintenance and development.
1. All pages on this site comply with all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
2. All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
3. This site is built using structured semantic markup. H2 tags are used for main titles to aid users of screen reading software such as JAWS. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+2.
1. All pages have been authored to include Link Relationships to aid navigation in text-only browsers such asLynx and graphical browsers that support this feature.
2. This site has been coded to ensure a logical tab order through links and form elements. Keyboard navigation is possible via the TAB KEY on your keyboard. Alternatively Opera users can use the A KEY to navigate links and the TAB KEY to navigate form elements.
3. A Skip Navigation link has been provided to allow users of text-only browsers and screen readers to bypass the site navigation to quickly access its content.
1. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used to control visual layout throughout this site.
2. This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified 'text size' option in visual browsers.To display web page ext larger or smaller go to the 'View' menu in your browser, point to Text Size, and then click the size you want (this may differ depending on browser vendor).
3. If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets, the content of this site will still be readable and usable.